If you are in danger right now call 911.
If you are a victim of abuse, or think you may be, you can call us right now at 1-888-338-0880.
Violence in a relationship can happen over time or in an instant. Does your relationship have any of these signs of abuse?
- Physical abuse, including slapping, hitting, punching, pushing, shoving, choking
- Striking with any kind of weapon/objects
- Physically harming children
- Sexual assault/rape
- Threatening children
- Disregard for welfare of children
- Physically harming family pets
- Degradation and humiliation
- Isolation and confinement
- Emotional, psychological and verbal abuse
- Threatening language
- Escalating arguments
- Withdrawal of emotional or financial support
- Attempts to control or cut off friendships or family ties
- Increased hostility toward other friends or family
If you see any of these signs of abuse in your relationship, get help immediately.